Tuesday, April 19, 2011

How much do you love me?

Rev. Andy Goff

Do you remember as children hearing someone you loved or held in high esteem say these words: "How much do you love me? This much or THIS much?" of course the bigger the hands were outstretched the more they knew we loved them. As we begin this week known as Holy Week, we will also be asked this question by Jesus. What will your answer be?

Scot McKnight reminds us again that the Jesus Creed is at the heart of our love for God. This week as a community of faith we will be challenged to walk with our Lord to Calvary. How will we respond?

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God,
the Lord is one.
You shall love the Lord your God
with all your heart,
and with all your soul,
and with all your might.
(Deuteronomy 6: 4-5)

I suspect that the above quote is a start for us. My prayer is that my love for my Jesus will not be this much but T-H-I-S much for he who gave me SO much. How about you?

How much do you love him?

No comments:

Post a Comment